The safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members is a top priority for Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center.
While we prepare to welcome you back, we have been using our time and resources to make changes, with you in mind. This includes everything from re-engineering our food & beverage delivery, implementing new cleanliness standards, setting expectations of appropriate distancing during events, increasing virtual conferencing options, and much more throughout our facility. You can be confident; we will be ready when you are.
We have put into place a multi-phased opening approach (all phases will follow the Washington D.C. mandates) designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. We know hospitality and social interaction remain important and it is our goal to ensure we are providing the highest level of sanitation and safety protocols when locations do reopen and visitors access our various operations. Below is an overview of the key components of Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center Commitment to Cleanliness and social distancing to ensure your safety:
Commitment to Cleanliness
We have enacted substantial cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our entire campus. Our staff diligently sanitizes our public areas with high grade disinfectants multiple times per day. In the coming months, we plan to roll out enhanced cleaning supplies at our properties including the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- Hotel protocols are in place to respond to unwell guests. Once identified, room will be monitored and follow stricter rules regarding use and disposal of PPE
- All staff to use proper PPE and follow appropriate disposal of used PPE
- Any loose paper and pens will be removed from guest rooms and meeting spaces
- Housekeeping will service the rooms upon guest request
Hotel Check-in Process
- Implement contactless check-in and check-out protocols; Encourage pre-made keys and pre-payments (credit cards/debit cards)
- Accommodate Express Checkout – guests call the front desk to check out at the end of their stay. No paper folios, all will be emailed
- Accommodate Late Checkout (to the best of our ability) – guests stay in their room until ready to depart to avoid gathering in Lobby area
- Placement of Social Distancing stickers on the floor of our food and beverage outlets.
- Installation of Pexi-glass barriers at the front desk and food and beverate outlets.
- Proper use of PPE when interacting and handling guest items.
- Employees to wash hands after accepting items from guest (i.e. ID, credit card, key card)
Meetings and Social Distancing
When guests check into our hotel over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning regiment as well as modifications to associate-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Frequent and more visible cleaning (i.e. chair levers, tables, door handles)
- Meeting room doors propped open at start of the day
- Offer video teleconferencing to limit number of people per conference room
- Remove pads, pens and candy dishes. Available only upon request
- Additional cleaning supplies and procedures for meeting space
- Alternative floor plans that follow safe social distancing standards
- Disinfect frequently used AV equipment after each use
- Spread groups as much as possible throughout the Conference Center
Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center is here to support our guests, clients, and community. We understand the role and responsibility of our operation and stand ready to assist you when the time is right.
Until that time, please stay safe and healthy.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional information about our response to COVID-19.
You may also call us at (202)687-3200
For more information on COVID-19, how it spreads and prevention, visit the CDC website.